Christian funeral and memorial services with loving spiritually-based bereavement music can help mourners to feel comfort and process difficult feelings.
Saying goodbye to a loved one in the uplifting presence of God, friends and family with Christian songs may help friends and family make peace with loss and feel hope for the future.
Music for Christian Funeral or Memorial Services
- Dancing with the Angels: Written and performed by Monk & Neagle, Flicker Records, 2004. (Sample lyrics: “You’re dancing with the angels, Walking in new life, You’re dancing with the angels, Heaven fills your eyes”
- I Can Only Imagine: Written and performed by Bart Millard and Mercy Me, INO Records, 2001. (Sample lyrics: “Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall, Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all, I can only imagine.”)
- I Am Going: Performed by Randy Travis, Warner Bros. Records, 2000. (Sample lyrics: “Don't be crying those bitter tears, Don't be crying cause I'm not here, I'll be happy for the first time in years, So don't be crying those bitter tears.”)
- Homesick: Performed by Mercy Me, INO Records, 2004. (Sample lyrics: “I close my eyes and I see your face. If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place. Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow. I've never been more homesick than now.”)
- All My Tears: Performed by Emmylou Harris, Eminent Records, 1998. (Sample lyrics: “When I go don't cry for me, In my Fathers arms I'll be, The wounds this world left on my soul, Will all be healed and I'll be whole”)
- Angel: Performed by Sarah McLachlan, Arista Records, Inc., 1997. (Sample lyrics: "you're in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here."
- I Will Remember You: Performed by Christian singer Amy Grant, A&M, 1992. (Sample lyrics: Knowing how you made me laugh, Hearing sweet echoes of you from the past, I will remember you.")
- Send Me a Song sung by Lisa Kelly of Celtic Woman, Manhattan Records, 2005. (Sample lyrics: Take the wave now and know that you're free, Turn your back on the land face the sea, Face the wind now so wild and so strong, When you think of me, Wave to me and send me a song.")
Find Touching and Comforting Funeral Songs
These bereavement songs are available for download or for CD purchase online, in music stores, or in sheet music form for a keyboardist, musician or soloist singer.